Saturday, October 25, 2008

Summer is gone; Good!



It was long, hot and ended with a terrible storm. The summer of 2008 left as Hurricane Ike rolled over us and the rest of East Texas. We lost several trees, and our power was out for about a week. That said, it could have been much worse. Ike was a nastier storm than Rita, but it wasn't the same calamity of evacuees. Most folks, except for a few idiots in Galveston, were prepared. They also did a decent job of taking care of themselves. Millie went to Houston with her family to clean up her mom's yard. Here is Jeff taking his frustration out on a fallen limb. I had my hands full dealing with the aftermath at the hospital.

Our neighbor, Fleetwood almost had a tree join her in her living room. The damage was nothing a little insurance couldn't fix. She joined us for dinner under the stars while we smoked thawed meat from our not-so-cold freezer.

3 comments:

Yia Yia said...

Hey Doug! Your back to blogging! Glad to hear you survived another Texas summer. I'm kind of sad to see summer go. We had a lot of fun in the sun and in the pool, but the cool autumn weather is sweet too and the mums are gorgeous. Don't forget to check out my blog.

Yia Yia said...

Oops, I mean,"you're back". I hope the grammar police didn't catch that one.

duncan45 said...

Hey, bro...let's see more blogging....I like seeing your purty faces.